We will continue to update this page with additional details.
UCLA will provide queen deluxe rooms at the UCLA Guest House to workshop participants on the following nights, 2/25, 2/26, and 2/27, with check-out on 2/28. Participants can enjoy complimentary breakfast each morning, self-serve coffee and tea 24 hours a day, and wireless Internet. UCLA will also pay for the parking of those driving to UCLA rather than flying. Copies, faxes, telephone charges, and additional meals incurred by workshop participants at the Guest House will not be covered by UCLA.
The workshop activities will take place in the Venice and Hermosa rooms at the Carnesale Commons. Carnesale Commons is centrally located in UCLA’s residential community, within convenient walking distance of the core campus. From where Carnesale Commons is situated on campus, meeting attendees enjoy views of notable campus landmarks, such as Janss Steps, Royce Hall, and Powell Library.
If You Are Flying to UCLA
- UCLA will purchase economy/coach flights for attendees. Please send your preferred flights to Annie Lee (galee [at] gseis.ucla.edu) and Morgan Wofford (mfwofford [at] ucla.edu) as soon as possible with the following information.
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Frequent Flyer Number (Optional)
- TSA Number (Optional)
- US Citizen (Y/N)
- Please use taxis, shuttles, rideshare services, or other relatively inexpensive methods for transport to and from the airport. Original receipts are required for reimbursements.
If You Are Driving to UCLA
- UCLA reimburses the lesser of round-trip airfare or mileage. When used on routes served by a common carrier, the amount of the actual mileage or the lowest available airfare, whichever is less, is allowed.
- The current mileage reimbursement rate effective 1/1/18 is 54.5 cents per mile for use of a personal car on business travel and will be adjusted periodically to reflect increases/decreases in the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) standard mileage rate.
- No additional reimbursement for automobile-related expenses, such as tolls, ferries, gasoline, etc. will be allowed.
- If you are staying at the UCLA Guest House, UCLA will pay for your daily parking fee at the Guest House parking lot, or Parking Structure 3, one block from the Guest House, depending on availability.
- If you are driving your car to campus each day, UCLA will provide free parking passes (more information to come).